Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ever heard the word...?

cankle - "the absence of a defined ankle on a person - whereby the calf of the leg merges directly into the foot. the calf appears to replace the ankle - hence the term 'cankle.' Ex: whoa, did you see the cankles on the chick? looks like she has tree stumps for legs!"

haha, thank you, urban dictionary!

yep, i am developing cankles. it freaked me out today as i got out of the shower. i thought, "oh no! my legs have turned into sausages!" um, yeah, i hope they will go away soon but i can only assume that they continue or get worse for the next 3 months. sweet!

ps- as per usual, i called my midwife (yeah, i obsess about every little change) and she said the swelling was nothing to worry about. just wanted to set your mind at ease.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Sarah! I love following your blog...congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, how did you come to the decision to use a midwife? Is that common up there? Though babies aren't in our immediate future, I love the idea of using a midwife (though they're pretty hard to come by in College Station) but might be nervous to do it for my first baby. Any insight you have would be awesome! PS: Tell Cara I said hi; I'd love to read her site as well!
Emily Day