Tuesday, July 7, 2009

2 completely unrelated stories

story #1: sometimes at night i can't fall asleep when it's my bedtime so i listen to harry potter audiobooks to help me relax (is this a good idea? i don't know, because most of the time i get really into them and just lay awake listening. but i digress...) so i was listening to harry potter 7 last night before i went to sleep. then in the wee hours of the morning i was woken up by our ceiling fan shaking and making a terrible ruckus. i swear, the whole ceiling was shaking. i was too tired to get up and try to remedy the problem but in my mostly-asleep stupor, i thought, "what's the spell to make ceiling fans stop shaking and be quiet? reducto? quietus?" and then (even in my mostly-asleep stupor) i had to laugh at myself. because, you see, i can't do magic.
story #2: God answers prayers. when i finally woke up this morning i was getting ready to take chris to the bus stop for work. it was thundering and lightning-ing but since houston is in a major drought, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. so in our morning prayer, i asked that it would rain and rain and not stop raining. and it did. it poured for about 2 hours and it's been sprinkling since (that's 8 hours of rain!!). when i came back from the bus stop and layed in bed i couldn't fall back to sleep like i normally do because i was so excited about the rain! the rain on the rooftop was the most beautiful sound in the world to me this morning. and i felt like it was just for me.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the harry potter story.
the other night I had a dream that I was dating a black harry potter and fighting voldemort with him. When travis woke me up in the morning, i told him I needed to save the world.
So you see, Sarah, you and I were meant to be friends.

sarah savage said...

haha, rachel, you+me=huuuuge dorks.

The Meyers said...

I love the rain too.

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Dreams can be so crazy. I talk in my sleep all the time. Last night I was talking to Dave awake during one sentence and asleep during the next. Crazy!