Sunday, June 14, 2009

your opinions, please.

i need feedback. this is a silly story and you may laugh at me but i need opinions.

yesterday night chris and i went to krispy kreme to get celebration donuts (we were excited that our home is almost packed up).

so we order some donuts and go to pay. the guy working gives us a punch card, one of those buy 10 get 1 free things. as he places it on the counter i notice another punchcard - with 2 punches on it! - lying on the counter and pick that one up too. krispy kreme man rings us up and we pay and then he asks, "did you pick up the other punch card?" "yes," i respond."
him: "well i'm going to have to take that from you."
me: "are serious?"
him: "yes. you didn't buy those donuts and it's not fair for you to take that punchcard."
me: "well i saw the guy who did buy those donuts. he was right in front of me. maybe he left the punchcard for us as a gift."
him: "no, that's not how it works."
so i give him a dirty look, hand over the punch card and leave. as chris and i left (i was still fuming) i realized that in no way could i possibly purchase 9 more dozen donuts and left my punch card outside by the tables - outside the view of krispy kreme nazi - so someone else could pick it up if they want.
now here comes your part: i know it's stupid and just a punch card (and the chances of me buying 7 more dozen donuts to actually redeem the free dozen are nil) but i left so pissed off! he had insulted me by insinuating (in my mind) that i had "stolen" something from someone else, be it the other guy or krispy kreme. i mean, does this guy think he's a krispy kreme cop?! who cares if i bought the donuts or someone else bought them - they were bought; krispy kreme got their money; who cares who takes the card? was this guy justified or am i right to be indignant?
i know it doesn't really matter and i'm not upset any more, but yesterday i seriously wondered, "was he right or was he out of line?" your opinions, please...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that's ridiculous. I wouldn't have given it back. I would have said, oh, you mean the OTHER punch card? No, I didn't take it. It's probably on the ground somewhere.

Jen said...

lol this is a funny story. clearly the guy was on a weird power trip. you were nice to give the card back, i probably would have run really fast out the door with it. hahaha! you were totally justified in being irritated. it isn't like he's affected whether you get a free thing of donuts in the end or not.... :)

Melissa Tiek said...

That guy is retarded. He is definitely on a power trip. There's no way I would have given it back. It's funny cuz there is a guy at Seven Peaks that checks your bag as you go in and he is exactly the same way...I always want to punch him.

Julie said...

That's so lame! I can't believe he actually made you give it back.

By the way, I'm really excited for Harry Potter, too! I'm pretty sure Clint's not all that pumped for it, but I'll get him to take me anyway. :)